Monday, August 16, 2004

I Guess The Clean Laundry Is Worth The Trauma...

The laundrymat closest to my apartment is kinda weird. It's in the process of being renovated, but it's open while they're doing the construction so there are big holes in the floor where the new washers are going to be. There was no one there on Sunday (was everyone in church or something?) so that meant all of the washers and dryers were open (sweet!) but the dry cleaners isn't open on the weekends, so there was no one there to tell about the change machine being out of service. The guy in the mini-mart next door called the owners, but didn't know when they'd show up and by then I was about ready to just wear dirty clothes and say forget it. I waited for about 20 minutes and the guy showed up to fill the change machine, but proceeded to chat with the lady who works next door and dink around while I'm sitting there waiting to get my laundry done and get the hell out of there. The last place I want to spend my Sunday is in a hot laundrymat with the dryers running and no music (my cd player decided to crap out and not read any of the discs I put in it yesterday). Two hours later, I was finished and home and so happy to have clean sheets that I took a nap right then and there.

No comments: