Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Wowee.

I had the best time last night! An intern from our corporate office in Chicago was in town for the day to take a look at our parking situation here and report back to his boss. My boss asked me to work with him yesterday, show him around the property and see what there was we could do to make our process flow more smoothly for assigning parking spaces/getting people on a waiting list. Turned out there wasn't much to fix, so he only needed to be in the office for 1/2 the day. He wasn't scheduled to fly back home until today, so he didn't really know what there was to do here in town since it was his first visit to Portland. I offered to hang out with him last night and we had a great time. Dinner at Rock Bottom, dessert and a glass of dessert wine at the Portland City Grill, and then over to the Boiler Room to sing for a bit before walking him back to his hotel in the rain. He opened all the doors, wouldn't let me walk next to the street and paid for dinner. All around good stuff. I'm gonna pretend he didn't just turn 20 two months ago.

No comments: