Wednesday, June 26, 2002

Caught on tape

Last Friday, I received a box in the mail from a friend in Detroit. About 3 years ago, I went to NYC with a bunch of people and some of the debauchery was video taped. A copy of the tape was in the box and at first I was afraid to watch it. I knew there would be some funny stuff on it, but it was three years ago and I half expected an hour of "Girls Gone Wild" style action. As it turns out, there's some cool footage of the NYC skyline at night shot from a disco party cruise around Manhattan (including the Twin Towers), an impromptu techno sing-along, a bunch of people hanging out in a hotel and cracking each other up, and only a few minutes of chicks making out with each other right at the end. The alcohol is flowing throughout the whole tape and since it's bits and pieces of a three-day weekend, it turned out like a really generic "Real World" episode. All in all, it's pretty funny schtuff. Made me miss those crazy kids...


No comments: