Friday, June 14, 2002

Land of the free since when?

My current lack of fundage has started to bring me down. I've become sensitive to demands for the money that I don't have (but know I owe) and the stuff I never though twice about paying whatever it cost now seems ridiculously expensive. Point in case: cereal. Dude, $4.89 for a box of Mini Shredded Wheat? C'mon! That's highway robbery! $5.19 for Frosted Flakes? Tony the Tiger can pucker up and kiss my ass. $4.29 for Granola?? That stuff looks like it was already eaten and then shat out by hamsters.

The other thing that irks my tater is so called fast food. The drive thru is always slower than going in and either way, it's definitely not fast. They all have "value meals" and I'm just not seeing the savings the title implies. Five bucks and changes gets me the same thing I used to pay three bucks for and is there more food? More drink? More anything? Not a chance. In fact, I think the burgers are smaller and the fry boxes are less full. It all tastes like ass unless you're drunk and desperately starving anyway.

Is anything I need free? I think not. Damn money grubbing corporate comglomerates with your flashy advertising and crappy products you make me think I need. Screw you guys.


No comments: