Tuesday, June 25, 2002

Elbow

I was hanging out with some friends in Portland last weekend and was introduced to the music of Elbow. Gotta find their album now. I listened to a few songs with Dan, who was in town for the weekend from Indiana and was the drummer for the now defunct American Girls, and Jason, who saw Elbow live at Berbati's Pan in Portland and plays guitar for The Bella Fayes. Even before they played some of the cd, I knew I'd like this band...Jason couldn't say enough about how amazing they are and sat me down to listen to his favorite song on the album "Newborn." Dan just made a point of saying the band's name over and over to drill it into my head. Thanks guys...I've been in need of trustworthy music mentors. Now, I'm on the hunt for it locally and no one around here knows what I'm talking about even though they were nominated for a Brit award and Mercury's Best New Artist of 2002.... But I will find it. Oh yes I will. Dan might kick my ass next time he's in town if I don't....

No comments: