Monday, June 03, 2002

Huh.

The weekend was..... strange. Nice, but strange. Went up to P-town after work on Friday and met up with Matt and Jason, friends from college that I haven't seen since New Year's, at a bar in southeast. The Rose Festival started Friday, so parking downtown was a pain in the ass and I finally ended up getting to the club for the show at quarter to 10. The first two bands are friends with the guys I'd gone up to see so the after party was huge. Before my friends played their set, I got to talk to them for awhile and then ran into a guy I recognized from doing theatre in college. That was a little surreal, but after a few beers, it was all good. The show rocked and everyone was fired up to party until 6 in the morning. I had called dibs on the spare room when I first got back to the house, but got vetoed at 5:30am when I found two guys from one of the other bands passed out in there. Spent the next 1/2 hour talking to Mr. Crush and we crashed in his room a little after 6. His brother had written and he had illustrated a children's story a few years ago that he read to me before we went to sleep.... FYI, if anyone is looking to steal my heart, read to me. If it's something you've written, that's even better. Melts me everytime. Anyway, 4 hours later the first alarm goes off so Mr. Crush can make it to work on time and he asks what my plan is for the day. I didn't have one but thought I'd hang out for the cd release party his brother's other band was playing that night, so he said I should come hang out at OMSI and since he works there, he'd get me in to whatever I wanted to see. That worked for me so I got up with him, he left for work and I headed off to Noah's to get breakfast to take over there since we got up 15 minutes before he had to start work. I tooled around the museum, watched the IMAX movie and headed downtown for awhile until it was time to meet back at the house. I'd picked up food from the place a few blocks down called Dot's (a sandwich and greasy cheese fries - yum!) and brought it back to share. Hung out and talked until about an hour before the show and we headed back to Dot's for a drink with a couple other people to get the party started again. The cd release party was packed when we got there so we all ended up moving to the back of the bar. The band was really good and when the show ended at around 1:30, we all decided to just get more beer and go back to the house to hang out. Got into some heavy discussion about all kinds of stuff (surprizingly in depth, coherent, intelligent conversation for a bunch of drunk people) and again, didn't get to sleep until 6am, although I was by myself in the spare room since the house was mostly empty. Finally got up at 1pm Sunday and no one else was up yet, so I went into Mr. Crush's room and said a quick goodbye so I wouldn't wake up his brother.

All I know now is everytime I hang out up there, it gets harder and harder to leave.

No comments: