Tuesday, June 11, 2002

Cinema bizarro

So thanks to my partner in slacking Chris, I finally watched Memento last night. Definitely worth seeing again so I'm glad I own it. Yeah, I bought it without seeing it. I'd been told so many times that I'd love it, I figured what the hell. Good call, amigos! Gotta like Guy Pearce....

Also, but totally unrelated, there was a partial solar eclipse yesterday. I pulled out the bigger of the two telescopes I have and took a peek, but using a moon filter instead of a sun filter (which I don't have) really wasn't the best way to go. Anyhoo, since they don't happen very often and when they do they're only visible from certain parts of the world, it was pretty cool. I called a bunch of people and let them know they should be outside checking it out (and reminding them not to stare directly at the sun...duh). So, unless you're Chris, if I didn't call you and you missed it, I obviously don't have your phone number and I blame you.

No comments: