Monday, June 10, 2002

Would you believe...

I've actually watched the first three NBA finals games and I'm kinda jazzed about the game on Wednesday? Yep, it's true. I had an interesting conversation the other weekend with some folks up north in the wee hours of the morning about the pros and cons of watching sports on tv. One Mr. Holbrook was so passionate about his love of the game that I had to see for myself what the big deal was. Turns out, I actually like watching basketball. It's like watching a really aggressive, full contact ballet. Now, I'm not saying I'm gonna become one of those obsessive, crazed fans who paint their faces and run around the parking lot buck naked, but I could stand to watch a game here and there. And I wouldn't say no to hanging out on a Sunday afternoon with a bunch of people to watch a game, eat some pizza and drink some beer. No, sitting around watching sports isn't getting the world any closer to a cure for cancer or feeding starving children in Somalia, but if all the people who were out fighting wars would put down their M-16s, grab a brewski and watch a game with their enemies, well....that would be step in the right direction.

No comments: