Monday, September 02, 2002

My life as a bum

Just when things seem to suck pretty bad, good stuff happens and shocks the crap out of you. That was my weekend - a weird mix of sucking pretty bad and good stuff.

On Monday last week, I called J and made sure my spending the whole weekend up at his house would be cool and he said it was. By the end of the conversation, I was looking forward to a fired up weekend with him. So on Friday, I drove up and made it to the shows at the Bite of Portland festival and then took on the responsibility of being DD for the night at the Tonic Lounge show. For that last part, I am an idiot. Giving those folks the green light to drink as much as they want and know they'll get home ok is just asking for trouble. The responsibility triggers in their brains shut off and all hell breaks loose. Point in case: J was so wasted that he let some other girl who was moving to another state the next morning kick me out of his room and sleep with him while I was reduced to the guest bed in the hall outside his room. This is about the time the sucking pretty bad part was at it's worst. Things are ok now, but Saturday morning was hellacious. I got zero sleep and had to go to a job interview at 9:30am while he didn't have to be to work until 3pm. I woke his sorry ass up at 9 to tell him I was going to my interview and that we needed to talk before he left for work as I wasn't sure I wanted to be there anymore. That didn't happen, but by Sunday night (yes, I stayed until this afternoon - I already acknowledged that I'm an idiot, what more do you want?), when I finally sat him down and said we had to talk about Friday night, he knew he'd messed up pretty bad. He said he felt like crap, both hungover like a mo' fo' and for being a jackass to me, on Saturday and he felt stupid for letting it happen. I wasn't as hard on him as I should have been and didn't tell him how hurt I was, but we're going to talk more on the phone this week. I'm a more forgiving person than most anyone I know and I probably give people more chances than they deserve, but in this situation, he's used his get-out-of-jail free card and I need to know it won't happen again...especially since I'm moving up there and he knows how I feel about him.

On the flip side, a girl I know up in P-town offered her extra bedroom to me rent-free until I find a job up there and get my shit together. She said she's been needing to find a roommate but she didn't know anyone up there she'd want to live with...guess she thinks I'm cool and easy to get along with, so she made me an offer I couldn't refuse. Said I could move in whenever I wanted, stay as long as I wanted and if I decided I wanted to find a place by myself once I got a job and got situated, that was cool too. At this point, it looks like I'll be moving up there in the next week or two. Crazy. I have a million things to figure out and it's all happening so fast. I don't know what to think or what to do first. Oh yeah, I got a letter from the state telling me I was approved for unemployment so I'll have some money coming in while I work out the details which is a relief.

So, there you have it. Interesting mix of really sucky and good stuff. I'd prefer more of the good stuff, thankyouverymuch...

No comments: