Friday, September 13, 2002

Settling in

OK, it's day three in Portland. I'm still alive. *sigh* I'm ready to go out and do something other than unpack or read classified ads, though. I was happy to see my housemate, Shauna, last night and instead of going over to the Green Room to see the Soul Butlers (some guys I know that do old soul and r&b covers), I stayed in and watched a movie one of her boyfriend Ryan's friends made late last year. Those guys are goofy and that 24 minutes of movie made up for getting ditched for dinner. Yeah, I tried to make plans with Mark to get some grub and he said just to come on by, but when I got there, he had made plans with someone else for dinner and didn't seem all that apologetic. So, I went over to hang out at J.'s house for about an hour and a half watching tv with the boys and when he finally said he wasn't going out to the Green Room (because instead of working on the play he's supposed to be writing for the class his mom teaches, he watched tv), I just went home to see if Shauna was back from her business trip. Whatever.

Once I got going this morning, Shauna invited me to a cocktail party tonight at one of her co-worker's house. I get to dress up and play grown up for the evening, so that should be fun. I'm ready to start working and meet some new people, so this should start the ball rolling for the second half of that. And one day, when I'm comfortable and infamous, I won't have to worry about any of this stuff anymore.

*in the cd player - "I Want You to Want Me" Cheap Trick*


No comments: