Tuesday, September 17, 2002

Trivial Pursuits

Went over to Dot's for dinner with Shauna and Ryan and ended up sitting with Ez, Aaron and Mark, who were already there, and I'd called Owen to come meet us and he brought his girlfriend Jody. It's cool to already have local hangouts where I'm sure to run into someone I know. Plus, their fries are really good (if I could get any...the boys inhaled practically the whole basket, paper and all. Damn boys.)... After dinner and drinks, we went home and played Trivial Pursuit. I'm so stoked that Shauna and Ryan are into board games. I've wanted to have board game night forever and I could never get anyone to play with me. =(

Since I have a ton of family here in Portland, I found out where one of them works just by random chance while doing job hunting stuff. I went into a copy shop the other day and found out my second cousin David works there. I already know my great aunt works part time at the Gap in the Washington Square Mall, so I'm off to see if she's on today in just a bit. And I had lunch one day and dinner the next with Shauna and Ryan at my cousins' restaurant downtown. I love it. Except for a new job, I'm getting just what I wanted from this move - a bigger city that still feels homey.



No comments: