Thursday, April 04, 2002

Can I call a time out from being me?

I think I'm going to go incognito today... dark glasses, mustache, goatee (or maybe just a soul patch), trenchcoat with the collar flipped up. I'll tell people my name is Pablo. Or Crazy Bob. I'll tell people I'm a carny. Or a secret service agent. Or their long lost dad. I'll drink juice straight from the carton and chain smoke candy cigarettes. I'll visit public restrooms and write "For a good time call Lola at 1-800-GET-SOME" in red lipstick on the mirrors. I'll wear mismatched socks and short pants to show them off. I'll carry around a little dog with a pink ribbon on his head in a straw handbag. I'll cut the tags off of mattresses I have no intention of buying. I'll go to Circuit City and change all the tvs to the weather channel and stick gum in all the buttons of the remotes. I'll get arrested for loitering. Or jay walking. Or putting change in all the parking meters. I'll take a spin in the revolving door at the Key Bank Building downtown. I'll call the mayor and ask if his refridgerator is running. I'll sit in for the court sketch artist and draw all of the witnesses with really big heads. I'll anchor the 6 o'clock news with one hand tied behind my back. Or both hands tied behind my back. And then I'll go home and go back to being me. Yeah.

No comments: