Tuesday, April 09, 2002

New old music

I had every intention of buying a few cds from the list I regularly add to when I hear something I like. But when I saw 100% Fun by Matthew Sweet and the Romeo & Juliet soundtrack on the clearance rack, I couldn't help myself. I never even made it all the way into the store to the techno section or the new release wall or the used racks. I was seduced by the sweet nostalgia of the close out corner. Jimmy Eat World, I haven't forgotten about you. Paul Oakenfold, Sasha & Digweed, you're still up there on my list of all time most excellent techno djs. But c'mon, that first track on 100% Fun "Sick of Myself" is so money!! And I don't care how many people tell me I'm lame, I still can't get enough of One Inch Punch's "Pretty Piece of Flesh" or Mundy's "To You I Bestow." So there you have it. I'm weak. I admit it. I tried to be strong and not look, but the temptation was too much and I had to give in..... damn you, close out corner....

No comments: