Tuesday, May 20, 2003

And The Results Are In

Go me! I called it. The blood test came back positive for mono. The doc said to expect to be sick for the rest of my life. No just kidding. She said I'm going to be sick for the rest of this week and next. After that, I'll gradually get back into the swing of things but will likely feel fatigued for anywhere from 6 months to a year! Whoa. Now, according to WebMD (I love that site, btw), the average gestation period for mono is 4-6 weeks, which means I actually got it 5-7 weeks ago since I've been sick now for a little over a week. We all know how you get mono and if we do the math, it becomes clear who I got it from... that bastard. Ah well, it wasn't intentional and at least now I can never get it again (it's one of those one shot dealies like chicken pox).

No comments: