Saturday, May 31, 2003

Hitting Rock Bottom

After work yesterday, most of us decided to go have dinner and drinks at Rock Bottom Brewery. First, let me just say that being the one person at the table who truly deserved a drink after the heinousness I've had for the last few weeks but couldn't partake was about the suckiest thing ever. I knew that when everyone else ordered a raspberry fucker or an amaretto sour and I had to get plain old lemonade, I'd feel left out. Thank you, mono, you evil bastard thing. This is what I have to look forward to for the next several months. Yay me. On the positive side, the Cobb salad and key lime pie were outstanding and Thomas made his first appearance at an outside-of-work social event. That kid needs to get out more and I'm glad he's starting to feel more comfortable with telling his wife he's going to hang out with the folks from work once in awhile.

Anyway...um, so, I think I'm allergic to something. I've got hives. All over. And I itch like a mofo. The antibiotics I just finished on Wednesday have something like a 25% chance of causing an allergic reaction in people who are allergic to penicillin and other similar meds, so I'm wondering if that's what it is. Usually, though, if you're allergic to this stuff, you break out in hives or a rash after the fourth or fifth day of taking it. I already took it for 10 days and stopped two days ago but the rash started yesterday. It could just be part of the mono, too. I'm beginning to think this is some kind of conspiracy to keep me from having a social life and turn me into a hermit.

Finally, but certainly not least important, happy birthday to Greg over at Scam City. Hope you party like a rockstar tonight, dude...*doing the 'it's your birfday, gonna party' jig just for him*

No comments: