Friday, February 22, 2002

Woo, it's Friday!

I dunno if this will become the regular Friday post, but smattering.org posts five questions every Friday, so here are my answers to this week's Friday Five:

1. Hey, baby, what's your sign? Do you think it fits you pretty well?

I'm a Pisces (March 3, 1974 - year of the tiger, if anyone cares) and everything I've ever read, both good and bad, about my sign fits me to a tee. Creepy.

2. What's the worst birthday gift you've ever received?

That's a tough one....I can remember some birthdays when I was a kid where I got the surprise of no one showing up to the party, but as far as actual gifts go, I can't really remember ever getting a bad one.

3. What's the best birthday gift you've ever received?

Hands down, no contest, my 25th birthday present from my parents. I had started planning for it the previous September (I wanted to do something big for my 1/4 century birthday) and decided I wanted to turn 25 in London. I'd been wanting to take a vacation and thought this would be the perfect opportunity. While I was planning this trip, my dad says, "Why don't you go see how many frequent flyer miles I have....they're going to expire at the end of this year and I'm not gonna use them, so you might be able to get an upgrade or something. They're yours if you can use them." That guy is sneaky....turned out, he knew how many miles he had and there were more than enough for a free round trip ticket. Sweetness! But wait, there's more! Before I got on the plane, I was handed what they now refer to as my "actual" birthday present - when my sister found out they had given me a free ticket to London, well, let's just say it wasn't pretty - they had taken a hundred bucks to the bank and exchanged half of it for pounds and half for francs (I had planned to spend a day in Paris). Are they cool or what?

4. What's the best way you've celebrated your birthday thus far?

Guess the answer to #3 is the answer to #4 too....two weeks in London tooling around and really getting to know the city. Best birthday ever!

5. What are your plans for this weekend?

Ummmmm, lessee.....I'm going out to dinner and then to a karaoke bar with friends tonight....tomorrow night, I'm getting all girlified and seeing Alice in Wonderland (the ballet version) and then I'm not sure what....and Sunday is still up in the air.

No comments: