Tuesday, March 26, 2002

Damn tv commercials

Now that I've seen the commercial for the new album by Abandoned Pools 40 gajillion times, I can't get that song "The Remedy" out of my head. Granted, it's a catchy tune and I'll probably end up buying the cd and playing the hell out of it (ok, corporate music nazis, you win this time). But enough already! Then there's that guy in the Verizon wireless commercials. He was amusing the first twenty or thirty times ("Can you hear me now?...Good!"), but now he's peeking in on board meetings from window washer trusses and riding around in the trailer of a semi holding up traffic on the 405. I think his 15 minutes of fame should have been up about 14.5 minutes ago. Oh, and now that Orlando Jones is too busy doing mediocre movies to do the 7-up commercials, they have this new guy......but I guess you probably already know that since he's on tv about 100 times a day with old guys in speedos rolling around on the beach. Niiice. Gotta love how people play on the idea that sex sells....

No comments: