Wednesday, March 20, 2002

Ok, so this one time...

Right. So, my mom tells me my sister wants the whole family to come out to Florida and spend the first week of her vacation in June on the Disney cruise. Since she works on the ship and gets a deal on cruises, it wouldn't cost me anything except the plane ticket (she'd foot the bill for the cruise). This got me thinking about what she was like as a kid and how she never wanted to share anything....now that we're all grown up, she wants to share so much that she's willing to pay for me to go on a cruise! Ok, flashback to 1980: she's 3 and the kid who lives across the street from us is 3 or 4. He's got an old Radio Flyer wagon and they're playing with it out in front of his house. She thought it would be a good idea to lay across the wagon and have him pull her. This was typical "sharing" for my sister at the time. The kid thinks this idea sucks and proceeds to bite my sister's ass so hard (through her shorts) that he broke skin and left a huge bruise and welt. Point well made - she got off and ran home. Now, I don't know if my sister's desire to share today comes from a deep rooted fear of having someone take a bite out of her ass again or not, but it's nice to know that she wants me to experience her world in Florida.... here's a pic of me and Bran from this past Thanksgiving (I'm on the left):



No comments: