Tuesday, March 05, 2002

Musical musings

My mom's birthday is next month. I've offered to get her tickets to see Harry Connick Jr. since I know she likes him and he's coming here in a few weeks. She wants me to go with her (my dad isn't into Harry or his music) so that'll be fun. Just got me thinking about how diverse my tastes in music are. Five days before that concert, I'm going to the SnoCore tour - Alien Ant Farm, Adema, Local H, Glassjaw, and Earshot. That show is gonna kick ass. But I'm going to have a great time at Harry's show too. About two weeks ago, I went to the ballet with a friend and the second half was classical medieval music and I loved it. Now, I don't know if that means all of my taste is in my mouth or I'm just an open minded listener, but it makes it pretty easy to stay entertained. The summer concert series is right around the corner so I'm gonna have to keep an eye on the concert calendars and keep a mini stash of cash for musical emergencies....

No comments: