Friday, March 08, 2002

Hey look, it's Friday again

Yup, it's that time...this week's Friday Five:


1. What makes you homesick?


Usually, it's seeing people walking down a street who obviously have a bond with each other when I'm away from my comfort zone. I love to travel, but if I don't at least get to check in periodically (every other week or so if I'm gone for a long time) with my family, I get really homesick.


2. Where is "home" for you? Is it where you are living now, or somewhere else (ie: Mom & Dad's house, particular state/city)?


Home is wherever I feel like I will always be welcome no matter what. Where I live now (obviously) and my Mom and Dad's house are home now and my grandparents house when they were alive always felt like home, too.


3. What makes it home for you? People? Things?


Both the people and the things....not any one thing specifically, but the over-all feeling of predictability. It's the smells and knowing the people there love me and the unconditional acceptance that make it home.


4. Where is the furthest you've been from home, miles-wise?


Um........pretty dang far......*doing the math and checking the map*........apparently, I've been 5687 miles from home. I was living here in Oregon and my family was still on Guam.


5. What are your plans for this weekend?


Pizza and cosmic bowling tonight, makeup shopping and a haircut tomorrow (maybe going out at night, but I'm not sure yet) and as always, Sunday's plan is up in the air.

No comments: