Monday, March 18, 2002

Magically delicious weekend

Holy Fred. I had a seriously fun, seriously bizarre weekend. Friday night I went to a friend's birthday party. Mr. Policeman showed up, people fought, and the residents of the house are being evicted. Nice one. Saturday night I went to the Blarney Stone for dinner and a Guiness (thanks Sean!) and then headed over to the Downtown Lounge to listen to some pimptastic ass-shakin' funk courtesy of Dr. Theopolis, a friend's band from Portland. After the show, I went back to the motel (freaky granny decor...too weird) with the rock star posse and had what will likely go down in the history books as the most bizarre conversations of 2002 with Mark (aka Miss Daisy). What a character - it's a shame he doesn't live closer. 5am rolled around, 8 of us went to IHOP and I finally hit the sack at 6:30 Sunday morning. Sunday night I went with Larissa to Seth's house to hang out with a bunch of boys and at some point in the evening, the boys decided it would be a good idea to take the festivities inside and kick the crap out of each other. The boxing gloves came out, Seth ended up with a split lip and a bloody nose and Larissa and I actually gave the whole boxing thing a go. The guys got a good laugh out of it, so I guess that's something. It was later decided that we shouldn't do that again. (Note to self: DEFINITELY don't do that again.) Anyhoo, I don't know if it was the glass of champagne or the ass-whooping, but I slept like the dead last night and the back of my head and my shoulder aches a bit today. Wee-ha. What a way to start the week...

No comments: