Friday, March 22, 2002

Sorry, I can't hear you with this jackass screaming in my ear

Oh my sweet jeezus, that concert was loud. Earshot opened the show and started things off right, but after Glassjaw played, my ears were literally shot.

To the vocalist of Glassjaw: there's a little thing out there called "singing" and I suggest you look into doing more of it. After 40 minutes of you screaming nonsense like a banshee, I felt violated. In fact, I would rather have someone screw me right in the ear than have to listen to your voice for another minute. Thank you for stopping when you did.

Adema has amazing stage presence. After getting the crowd so amped with "The Way You Like It" and playing to the people like an attention starved stepchild, Mark took off his pants and sang the last half of the set in his pj pants (blue plaid flannel, fyi). The crowd went non-stop crazy from the time the band stepped on stage until they walked off to the roar of "Encore! Encore!" After that, I think Alien Ant Farm was misplaced in the line-up and should have played third instead of last. They had a less-than-agro vibe and their new single is a mellow tune called "Attitude" that didn't find the most receptive audience among the thrashers and head bangers (personally, I loved their set and was happy for the reprive from getting my ass kicked by the mosh pit posse). They did, however, rave about the local Mexican fast food favorite, Burrito Boy, so kudos to AAF for having good taste in beans. I give the whole show a very enthusiastic 1 1/2 thumbs up (Glassjaw can go to their room in NY and think about what they've done).

No comments: