Friday, April 11, 2003

Cry-yi 'in Over You

There really is a song for every occasion. Right on.

Being the mature adult that I am, and the emotional, crying mess that I can be, I decided that what has been plaguing me for the last three days is the communication breakdown. So what do I do? I call him, get his voice mail and leave the following message: "Hey, it's me...I know you said you were tired and were just going to go home, but I actually want to hang out with you at some point and it kind of seems like... you don't. So, just call me and let me know what's up with you..." About five minutes later, after I'd called Josh for a cheer up or I'll kick your ass talk, I got a message back that went like this: "Hey, it's me...just calling to return your phone call...yes, I'm tired...and what's going on with me is sometimes I just want to be alone...that's just how I am sometimes so that's what's going on...you can call me back if you want, but I'll probably be asleep so you can leave a message..." How does this make me feel? A little hurt, but only because he didn't just tell me that. Just as I finished leaving a message in response, the phone rang and it was him. Basically, I let him know that it's ok to want time to yourself and I'm the same way about taking space when I need it, but it would have been nice if he'd told me instead of just cutting me off. I told him it made me feel like I must have done something wrong. He said he has a tendency to push people away, that it wasn't me and that he was sorry. I told him I like being around him and enjoy his company but didn't want to invade his space or make him feel obligated to hang out with me so when he wanted to see me, he'd have to call me. And that was that. I don't know what's supposed to happen now....



No comments: