Friday, April 25, 2003

I Swear It's From Reading Too Much...

Ok, so I'm not going blind, but I do need to go get glasses. My old prescription gives me a headache and I can't sit and read or stare at the computer screen all day without getting eye strain and sleepy. So now that the insurance has kicked in, I'm going to look for frames this weekend. I'm gonna go trendy hipster... hot damn.

In other news, remember the unemployment phase of the moving to Portland plan? Thought it was over? So did I but I got two letters today from the state telling me I owe them money. It seems that when they cut the benefits because they decided my reasons for declining temp positions (being out of town on a day when I was called for a one day temp job and having an out of town guest on a day when I was called for a one day temp job) qualifies as failing to accept suitable employment, they continued to pay out when they shouldn't have and now they want $1242 back in overpaid unemployment benefits. Holy crap. Now I'm going to have to resort to selling crack to pay them because I just don't have it. A least that way, I can say the government made me do it...

No comments: