Saturday, April 19, 2003

Saturday Morning...The Aftermath

Do not, I repeat do not try to drown your sorrows in a bottle of white zinfandel on a Friday night with an equally sorrowful roommate. It will only result in making your perfectly good Saturday morning sucky. I'm not hungover but the self-loathing for doing something so ridiculous is making up for the lack of headache and dehydration. To combat this ugly feeling, I've decided that today is a walking day. Every so often I declare an official walking day, put on sneakers and walk until it hurts. Then I walk some more. When I finally get home, I'm so tired that I sleep like the dead and feel really good the next morning. Today might be the day I try to walk across one of the six bridges here in Portland. No promises on that but if the noise in my head and the music piping in through the headphones is distracting enough, I might actually make it half way before the anxiety attack hits me. It's worth a try at least... If I do get across the bridge on foot without incident, I'll let you know.

*later*

I rode the bus home because the above idea was a very, VERY bad one. I do not recommend screwing with phobias as they do not enjoy being taunted. Possible phobic reactions include strained breathing, vertigo and a pounding headache. While I did manage to get all the way across the bridge by not stopping to sightsee, not looking right, left, up or down and humming loudly along to the cd that was playing, I'm going to have to ban myself from all further pedestrian/bridge activity. Thankyouandgoodnight.

No comments: