Saturday, April 05, 2003

Little. Plaid. Different.

After work last night, most of the office went to the Portland City Grill up on the 30th floor of the US Bank building. Oh. My. Gawd. Awesome sushi, awesome martinis, awesome view of the whole city. The tab split between me, Jenn and Steph R. only ended up being $22 each including the tip. And a bunch of other people from the other properties the company owns around town showed up, so we had a big group and everyone had a good time. Around 8ish, Jenn took me home so I'd have time to change and get ready to go back out to the Ash St. Saloon to see Garmonbozia.

When I showed up at the club, Michael was standing over near the bar by himself with a beer in hand and waved me over as I walked in the door. He said they were playing in four minutes and that I should get a beer and he'd see me after their set. A couple of the guys from the Bella Fayes I know were there, so I had a beer with them and found out that the guy who produced their album was also producing the album Garmonbozia is in the studio recording, so that's how they'd heard about them and thought they'd come check out the show. I'm not usually self-conscious about being at a show by myself since I'm going to hear the band, not to schmooze and play the meat market, but it was nice to have people there I knew besides the guy playing bass on stage. I liked everything they played and after it was over, I talked to Shane and Lael for a few, saw Tracy and Sherrie and talked to them for a few and decided to head home. Outside, the Garmonbozia guys had finished loading their gear into their van and were figuring out what they were all going to do for the rest of the night. Michael saw me come out and came over to hug me and thank me for coming and apologize for the technical difficulties at the end of the set. I told him that the last song they played was actually my favorite and he said he'd put it on a cd for me... awww. :) I told him I was going to stick around and have another beer with him, but I was tired and needed sleep. He said he'd see me Monday, finally called me Tiff instead of Tiffany and gave my arm a little nudge for the fourth or fifth time during the conversation.... ah, beer - the key to unlocking the shy man's social skills. I about fell asleep on the bus ride home and don't even remember turning off the light last night before sleeping like dead until 9:30 this morning. I like nights like that...

No comments: