Tuesday, December 30, 2003

Cold

I’ve had trouble keeping my hands warm today. Seems like the frost in my all but forgotten heart has traveled down to my fingers and made itself a happy little home. Unless you want frostbite, it’s better if you don’t touch me right now. It’s supposed to be snow again tomorrow and that sounds just fine to me.

It’s dark in here except for the glow of the screen in front of me and the sliver of light coming in through the break in the curtains from the street lamp outside. I stripped off my clothes the minute I locked the door behind me and crawled into bed, hoping the blankets would chase off the chill. The stark contrast of recently dyed black hair against pale skin and over green eyes makes me look sickly since the freezing wind stole all the color from my cheeks and lips. I’m thankful for the darkness so I don’t have to see myself like this.

One more day and then I can sleep.

No comments: