Wednesday, May 08, 2002

Alarm clocks are evil

Whoa. I slept so hard last night that I didn't move once, so I'm surprized I remember this. I was standing in a smallish lake up to my knees with a white flowy dress on all renaissance style. It was really quiet, I was by myself and I could see the bottom of the lake because the water was so clear. There were little smooth rocks all over the place and not a fish or anything in the water with me. I could feel the rocks under my feet, kind of like a good solid foot rub, and I waded out until the water was waist high. I turned around to see how far out I'd gone from the shore and then layed back to float for a bit. The view changed, as it does in a lot of my dreams, so I was looking down on myself and everything looked so calm and....well... just nice. All of a sudden, I was sucked back into myself and something was pulling me under the water. I knew it was just waist deep where I'd started floating so I tried to put my feet down and stand up, but I couldn't get vertical because I was being pulled by my waist. When I tried to turn to see what was pulling me under, I was pushed up to the surface just long enough to catch a breath and then pulled under again. This happened a few times and I finally flailed around enough to get my feet to the bottom and stand up and when I looked around, there was nothing. No fish, no people...nothing. I moved toward the shore and ended up sitting under a tree, cold and wet and trying to catch my breath. I pulled my knees up to my chest and rested my head on them and the next thing I know, someone is holding my hand and resting their head on my shoulder. When I turned to see who was sitting with me (and strangely didn't scare the bejeezus outta me when he sat down and touched me), my alarm went off and I woke up. Dang alarm. Funny thing is, my shoulder has been sore all day today....weird, eh?

No comments: