Monday, May 20, 2002

That did not just happen.

I really hate having crushes. It messes with my head. My head is messed up enough, thanks very much. So, I'm hanging out after the aforementioned show with the band guys and everyone is either bombed or well on their way (except me...3 is the magic number and my drink max when I'm with these people). There are 5 different conversations going on and I'm chatting with Mr. Crush and this girl I've met a few times who's pretty cool. I'm thinking I'll be able to steal him away to the deck for a second to talk about the previous weekend's extracurricular activities and tell him what's going on in my head. So, I make my way to the bathroom to psyche myself up. Not two minutes later, I come out and cool chick's roommate has dragged Mr.Crush into the kitchen. D'oh. But wait, there's more. Five minutes or so go by and cool chick's roommate goes prancing through the living room to the stairs and flashes the room the "I'm a bad bad girl" grin and heads up to Mr. Crush's room. Another five minutes go by and Mr. Crush cruises through from the kitchen to the stairs and heads up. At this point, I am about dying. What's the moral of the story, kids? She who hesitates sleeps on the couch while the guy she's had a crush on is upstairs with some random chick. *sigh* Anyway, the next morning, I'm talking to another friend who lives in the house and I tell him about what happened and why I'm bummed out. His input was that Mr. Crush is an idiot and I should give him a lecture and steal his shoes. Good plan. Once the chick left, Mr. Crush and I sat and watched a movie and talked about whatever and cat napped. At one point, I got up to brush my teeth and he apologized for not being very entertaining in his hung over condition and I said not to worry - I'll give you a lecture and steal your shoes right after I brush my teeth. He looked a bit sheepish when I got back so I was glad that his brother came down right then and joined the hangover party. Mr. Crush and I made a border run for breakfast and everything was normal, so I'm thinking cool, we can just go back to being friends and I'll pretend the previous weekend never happened. Cool. Did I mention that I had e-mailed him a note last Monday asking him out? And that he hasn't read it yet? So, now there's this invite hanging out there and I'm still a wuss and I've promised I'll go up and visit on the 31st. I really really hate having crushes.

No comments: