Friday, May 03, 2002

Direct Effect

As I was flipping through the channels yesterday, I stopped on MTV and saw three videos that just cracked me up: "AWNAH" by Nappy Roots, "Pass The Courvoisier" by Busta Rhymes w/ P. Diddy, and "Saturday (Oooh! Oooh!)" by Ludacris. Hip hop isn't my normal genre of choice when I'm cruising around the music store looking for cds, but these three songs had me shakin' what my momma gave me around the apartment (good thing for the neighbors the blinds were closed because I'm sure it wasn't pretty). For the record, Busta has always made kick ass videos, from "Woo-Ha!" with the fisheye lens shots and costumes to match the backdrops to "Put Your Hands Where My Eyes Can See" with the Coming to America-style storyline and blacklight painted sets to "Pass The Courvoisier" with all the cameos, 1920's costumes, and kung-fu action ending. Anyway, if you happen to be channel surfing and catch any of those videos, stop for a minute and just you try to keep your head from bobbing along to the beat.... ha! Not gonna happen....

No comments: