Wednesday, May 22, 2002

Won't you be my neighbor?

The jackass that used to live in the apartment behind me has moved out! Huzzah! Normally, this would be as good a reason as any to celebrate, but last night, my new neighbor started moving in...at 9:30 pm. She's a little hippie chick and since my bedroom shares a wall with her whole apartment (she's got a studio), right about the time I wanted to hit the sack, I could hear blaring music coming through the wall. Phish or some crap like that. I did my normally adequate wall pounding and got no response. In fact, I think they turned the music up to drown out my pounding, but I could have just been imagining that. So, I opened the window that looks out onto her front porch hoping to catch her and ask if she'd turn that shyte down, only to be engulfed in a haze of incense and pot smoke coming from her kitchen window. Niiice. I was also aurally assulted by the skateboarding twins that though it was a good idea to set up a mini vert ramp in the alley next to my house and start thrashing at 10:30pm. Crotchety old lady to the rescue!! I put on my clogs and a sweater over my pjs and went out to throw the smack down. What actually happened is that I was really nice and just asked if they knew how loud their skating and crashing was from where I live and if they'd mind starting a little earlier so I can get some sleep. What a wuss I am. I even apologized for harshing their gig. The skater dude was super nice and thanked me for coming out and being cool about it. I also went and knocked on hippie chick's door and let her know who I was and how thin the walls were and how early the rest of the house has to get up in the morning. She said our landlord had told her the walls were really thick, so she had no idea. I cleared that up real quick and said she'd give me her phone number when her phone gets connected so I could call if she was being too loud. Ok, I can deal with that. What I can't deal with is hippie music and I didn't have the balls to say anything about that. Damn. I need to get a set or at least borrow some from one of the guys I know.

No comments: