Thursday, November 14, 2002

Enjoying the lull

I have been jonesing to write for the last three days, but between playing Xbox, running around in the mall, chatting with strangers, going to dinner, the movies and hanging out at the Ohm, I haven't had time for anything else. I had a job interview on Monday at an ad agency and I'm hoping against hope that they call me back. They got over 200 resumes and only did 10 interviews (one of which was with me), so that made me feel good even if they don't.

In music news, Dr. Theopolis is playing at a strip club tomorrow night. To go or not to go, that is the question. Why they took this gig, I'll never know, but I'm sort of curious to see how many of the girls the band knows will actually turn up at this show. I don't have a problem with strip clubs, but I don't understand the motivation to diversify into a live music venue. I mean, really..."Sorry, dudes, I was trying to pay attention to the band, but I kept getting distracted by the naked chicks."

And now on to the emotional portion of the program... J. came into the cafe where we were having lunch and looked right through me. I'm proud to say I've finally learned how to turn invisible! I'm sure this talent will come in handy next time I need to avoid someone. However, I'm going to have to work on the whole being blatantly visible thing....

No comments: