Friday, November 01, 2002

The best plan is no plan

Ok, ok, I didn't stay home last night like I thought I would. When I called O. to see what was going on, he said he was going over to Jody's to help her paint her bedroom. Um. ok. So, I took my roomies up on the offer of going to a small get-together with them (read: crash a party) and we all threw together costumes in about an hour. Ryan was a vampire, Shauna was a futuristic secret agent and I ended up going as a dead prom queen. The three of us went over and picked up Bolton, who went as Charlie Brown complete with ghost costume from the Great Pumpkin, and headed over to his friends' house to read scary stories some of the folks had written for the occasion and recount scary events that had happened to the folks who came without a story to read. Seeing as Shauna and I only really knew the people we came with and had only met the hosts once before about a week or so ago when we all went to a movie and didn't get to talk much, we had a great time. Everyone was friendly and between the stories people wrote (some funny, some scary) and the real experiences people shared, people were adequately creeped out. Seeing how cool that turned out makes me want to put together an event of my own. I know some talented writers and most of them are eager to share their work with the world, so why not give them a venue? Something like that could turn into a regularly scheduled event and encourage us to write more new stuff.

No comments: