Tuesday, November 05, 2002

I can quit anytime...

Oh my gawd. I bought two more cds today. I couldn't help it! You know those themed compliation displays they have all around Target with the little cover picture buttons you push to hear samples of the albums? *hanging my head in shame* Yep, I bought two. But it's not what you think. Honest. One is called Martini Lounge and it's got some great stuff on it... Tony Bennett, Louis Prima, Mel Torme, Nat King Cole... very hep. The other is 70's R&B and let me just say, I can't get enough of your love, Barry White, and I'll be more than happy to stay together with you, Al Green. Mmm mmm mmm. But I digress. This is getting ridiculous. One day, the cds are going to take over my entire house. Floors...ceilings...every surface will be covered with jewel cases and cover art and I won't be able to tell the "3000 free minutes of AOL" coasters from The Strokes or Beth Orton. I'll just have to catalog the collection by room and location to keep everything straight... "N.E.R.D.? Let me check my book... oh yeah, that's in the second room on the left, far wall, third row down, sixth from the right." I'll start a new trend in interior design concepts. People around the world will start tiling their walls with jewel cases and I'll be famous. So, getting all this new music is a good thing...right? I'm not just trying to make myself feel better about a serious problem that should be dealt with on a professional level...right? I can quit whenever I want...right? Anybody know the number for CD Addicts Anonymous?

No comments: