Sunday, November 24, 2002

Home Alone 4: Nina's Revenge

As of yesterday, it's just me and the cat until Tuesday. The roomies have hopped in their rented Mustang and headed east to Boise to visit Shauna's family out there. I was going to go to Eugene, but I felt like crap and the cat missed the litter box the other day so I wouldn't have wanted to come home to that. One might think that having the whole place to myself for four days would mean inviting the gang over for cocktails and strippers, but I wisely chose to spend yesterday in bed eating Chinese food and ice cream and watching movies (Trainspotting, Deuces Wild and the home movie from New Year's 1994/5). Then I slept in today and walked from my room to the bathroom and back in just my underwear. I even went all the way out into the kitchen and fed the cat like that. Somehow, having the cat see me half naked was unsettling (he cocked his head to the side, gave me a weird cat look, meowed and then started rubbing on my leg), so I got dressed while he was distracted by the full food dish. My only plan for the rest of today is heading out to Old Navy to see if I can find some pants and the folks who came up with the idea to put the American Idol rejects in their latest commercial so I can bitch slap them. Tomorrow, I have an interview at 9:30 and then a whole lot of nothing planned because I'm sure I'll need to rest after all that bitch slapping...

Oh yeah, I went to the Clinton St. Pub with Dave the "I Saw You" guy and had a good time. Cool...new friend for me!

No comments: