Friday, October 18, 2002

Getting Over Everything

I couldn't sleep last night. In the process of tossing and turning, I knocked a picture and a bottle of water (good thing the lid was on tight) onto the floor. After the crash, I was wide awake and tried to read, but couldn't get into the book and put it down after about 10 minutes of giving it the old college try. I put on a cd, hoping that would lull me to sleep, but that was a bad idea (or maybe just the wrong cd) because this song by the now defunct Florida band pohgoh called "friend X" just made me teary-eyed and bummed out. Made me think of that stupid guy. I know that means I'm moving past him and while it's a slow process, I *am* moving. Anyway, if you want to hear the song it's on a compliation called What's Mine Is Yours: The Emo Diaries, Chapter One. Get it, 'cause it's really good. Here's the lyrics:

you can say what you want to say. people will talk anyway. i will give you a head start. let you take the easy part. making others laugh at my expense. i'm sure you've had experience. still i have to say that was so mean. and why you have to be so mean. so mean. you can't break what's left. of my confidence. it's already shattered. while what's left of my pride. is already scattered. you won't find me fishing for compliments. but now i'm scared what to expect. now i know. what you are. empty and shallow. ugly inside. clear it up now there's nothing to hide from me. for no reason at all. you turned your back. walked away. disclaimed me. guess you'll go on being yourself. nothing that time or aging will help. i just want you to know. that you really hurt me. never knew you'd be so quick. to desert me

No comments: