Wednesday, October 23, 2002

The People's Court

At 10:45 this morning I was in court. Well, I was in my pajamas in bed on the phone with a judge and my previous employer. Previous employer lady appealed the decision that granted me unemployment benefits and requested a hearing, so I had to go over the whole firing thing again this morning. After being on the phone for a little over an hour, I now get to wait for the decision to come in the mail. Woo. I started getting a stomachache around 10:30...worrying myself sick, I guess. Not that there was anything to worry about, but I couldn't help it. I had no idea what she was going to say and that freaked me out. Everything went pretty well, though. And now we wait with baited breath and fingers crossed for the judge's ruling. Mindboggling. So, to pass the time, I think I'm gonna get a haircut and a beer and pretend this whole thing never happened.

No comments: