Monday, October 14, 2002

Unexpected Visitor

Yesterday was originally going to be a sit around and veg after a late night out at a cd release party day, but I got a phone call around 1ish from Heath telling me he was on his way up and did I want to maybe go to the Montage for dinner and hang out. Huh. Must have gotten my number from a mutual friend. So, after heading over to Dot's for lunch with Shauna and then over to Best Buy to get me a new cd player and an XBox for Ryan (I hope that guy knows Shauna is the most excellent girlfriend ever), it was already creeping up on dinner time. Heath showed up and we were playing Spiderman, so it took awhile for us to actually get a plan together and leave the house. I already know that XBox is going to be a major source of time suckage... d'oh! Anyway, we tried to go to Canita, my cousin's new restaurant, but it was closed so we ended up at Montage after all. Mmmmm, veggie gumbo. After dinner, we headed over to Everyday Music on Sandy and each found stuff we'd been looking for and couldn't find elsewhere. In case you're curious, I ended up with the Sneaker Pimps' "Bloodsport," Juliana Hatfield's "Hey Babe," Vast's "Music For People," and Pinback's "Blue Screen Life." 40 something bucks apiece later, we were off to the Tonic Lounge because he had to pick up some records he'd left with a friend of his who just happens to be the bar manager there and makes a mean Cosmopolitan. So we hung out at the bar and talked to Chris for a bit and then his girlfriend Ashlee showed up (old friend and one time girlfriend of Heath's) and hung with us for awhile. Chris's rule is while you're sitting at his bar, you must have drink in hand and that about kicked my ass, but the guy can mix a drink like nobody's business so I can't complain. Plus, Heath treated for both dinner and drinks at the club. Hot damn. He ended up crashing at my house and left this morning to go back to Eugene. And here I thought I was going to be spending my Sunday night on the couch watching When Harry Met Sally again...

No comments: