Sunday, October 20, 2002

Sunday Lull

For the first time since I moved, I got up at 8 and didn't jump in the shower and head out into the city. The roomies were already up and the XBox was going, so I parked it on the couch in my panda slippers, pjs and a sweater and watched for about an hour or so. The bagels were calling me so I toasted one and got some juice and went right back to the couch. A little while later, I browsed the classifieds, e-mailed my resume to three places, put a copy in an envelope for a fourth and went back to the couch. Finally got up and took a shower around 12:30, pulled on jeans and a t-shirt and went back to the couch to watch The Wizard of Oz. I've spent the last hour watching Madonna videos. Guh. I've tried to rationalize my melancholy attitude by telling myself we were out late last night but, in truth, we came home and were in bed by 1am. Not that late. And I wanted to go over to the boys' house after the show, but when the roomies said let's go, I know they were trying to keep me out of trouble and all I wanted to do was get into it. I came home with the roomies instead like the good girl I'm trying to be. But today, I don't feel all that good. Not hungover or anything, just....small. All I wanted last night was to be noticed and all I want today is to crawl inside myself and pretend I'm invisible. I can't wait for Halloween when I get to be someone else for a day...

No comments: