Friday, October 04, 2002

Mini Me

So, I think I want a Mini. I know, those cars look like a dozen midget clowns are gonna come tumbling out when they stop, but they're so dang cute! And it's not as though I'm spending my days hauling concrete or anything, so I really don't need a big vehicle. I can see it now.... parking in those tiny little spots that most cars pass up as impossible to maneuver... zipping through traffic and hiding from the cops by sliding under semis... riding around with the windows down in those cute little polka dotted shirts and those big shoes and a big red nose and...D'oh! I can't get the clown thing out of my head. And I wonder if my legs would even fit under the dash? I mean, I have to have the seat most of the way back in the Sentra I drive sometimes and that little thing is easily 1/3 bigger than a Mini. And what's the deal with the trunk? Wait, there really isn't one. I guess the back seats drop down to make more room for luggage or whatever... Ooo, check it out, you can build your own car on the Mini site! Black exterior, black and red interior, automatic transmission, cd player, seat warmers.... woo hoo! And you can save your specs to a virtual garage...sweet! Ok, maybe it's not a clown car. Too bad you can't hear a sample of the horn... if it's one of those squeeze ball sounding horns, then that's it. No Mini for me. I refuse to drive a midgety clown sounding car. Clowns are creepy....

No comments: