Wednesday, October 02, 2002

It's got potential

I'm spending the rest of the week, I think, temping as a receptionist for an international business development firm. The receptionist I'm covering for is getting promoted when she gets back from sick leave, so her position is going to be opening up soon. The office is very modern and has a lot of open space (think IKEA) and the building itself is full of modern art and home to an art gallery. The people are nice and from what I can tell the environment is busy but casual. Could be interesting...

I'm so ready to be working again. It's not the money (I finally got the ok from the unemployment office and started gettting weekly checks) so much as keeping busy with so much free-time. I've been making myself get up around 8 every day, just so I don't get in the habit of sleeping the day away. I've read all the books I had left unread when I was working and bought four since I've been here and read those too. I've used up all of the clasps I had in my box of beading supplies making necklaces and bracelets, bought 10 more and used them all up too. I've watched 11 movies in the last 3 weeks which is more than I've watched in the last 3 months. I've written either here or in my book journal every day and sometimes mulitple entries in the book. I've colored my hair, been to two softball games, gone to Eugene and back, know the downtown library like the back of my hand, been to a bunch of different restaurants and bars, ridden the bus a few times and watched Crossing Over with John Edward more times than I care to count. And after all that, I still have a good chunk of time where I'm sitting on the couch thinking I should be doing something productive or at least sitting on the couch wasting time with someone other than myself. I'm getting to do whatever I want with my day and the only thing I want to do is go to work five days a week. Gawd, somebody shoot me...



No comments: