Monday, June 23, 2003

And The Cheese Stands Alone...

For the next three weeks, I'm home alone. Crazyness. This will be the longest I've been by myself since I moved here and it's weird. I lived alone for just over three years before I moved here and never thought anything of it. I think I've just gotten used to someone being around all the time. I know I'll have to get used to living by myself again when I move later this year (unless something happens where Jen decides to stay in P-town and we find a place together) and I don't like the idea that I'll have to get used to it. I'm so adamant about being independent that I thought I'd hate having a roommate, but it's just the opposite. Hanging out with Shauna is always cool and I like knowing that even if I don't want to go out and do something, I don't have to sit at home by myself. Maybe that's what's driving me to keep dating: the idea that if I find someone cool, I won't have to sit at home alone if I don't want to...

I've started thinking about where I want to move to since I'll have to start looking in a couple months and I'm pretty well set on staying in SE. I gave NW some thought, but I'm just not trendy enough for the NW crowd and most of my friends are here in SE anyway. SE is laid-back and artsy and emo-rock and pseudo hipster and homey to me. Yeah, I'll still have to spend 20ish minutes on the bus to work in the morning, but I'm used to that so it won't be yet another thing I'll have to change. I want to be closer to Hawthorne and a grocery store (lugging bags of groceries home on the bus sucks camel balls) and Bishop's and all that happy crappy. So, the search will soon be on. There better be a cool place for me over there or I'll have to complain to someone and that someone will probably be you.

No comments: