Thursday, June 26, 2003

I'll Be Kicking My Own Ass Tomorrow

Just got home from the White Eagle and seeing Guy and Jenni play solo sets just before Sophe Lux did their thing. Jenni has a voice like an angel...I'm gonna be screwed come karaoke night if I have to keep up with her. Guy's lyrics were so honest and his guitar playing was right on so, nervous vocals aside, his solo set was sweet. And Sophe Lux sounded better tonight than they have at the previous two shows I've been to, mostly because I could actually hear the guitar tonight and Guy rocked it (and he didn't even break any strings! Woo!). I love the slower songs that highlight how well Jenni and Wendy harmonize and those pretty sounds Guy makes with his guitars, but when they pick up the pace, it sounded much better tonight being able to hear the two separate guitars and not having Guy's get drowned out by Wendy's. All in all, the music was great and I'm glad I went to hang out with Guy too. I always enjoy my time with him.

Tomorrow, or later today rather, I'm not going to be a happy camper unless I go to bed right this minute, so I'm off...



No comments: