Wednesday, June 11, 2003

Talking In My Sleep

I talked to my grandparents for awhile last night. I told them what I've been up to lately, how work is going, who I've been seeing and what's been on my mind since I talked to them last. My granny wanted to know all about my job and the residents I like and asked why I haven't been drawing anything lately. My gramps told me that any guy who didn't want to date me must have his head up his ass and said to tell my boss he said to give me a raise. When I was leaving, granny stood at the window and waved until she couldn't see me anymore and gramps told me to tap it light. Then I woke up a little teary-eyed like I always do after those dreams. They've both been gone for four years but I still talk to them all the time. I didn't go down to San Francisco after either of them left, but they know why and they understand. I read about someone today who's moved into their neighborhood recently and when I talk to them again, I'll tell them to go visit and take her some cookies. I don't know her, but I'm sure she'll like them. Everyone does.

No comments: