Saturday, June 14, 2003

Play This

The following track list is courtesy of Greg over at Scam City. Muchas gracias, dude.

The Coral - "Dreaming of You"
Flaming Lips - "Do You Realize?"
Tim Booth/Angelo Badalamenti - "I Believe"
Dirty Vegas - "Days Go By" (acoustic)
David Gray - "The Other Side"
Ryan Adams - "Wonderwall" (live)*
Neil Finn - "There is a Light..."
Doves - "Pounding"
Idlewild - "You Held The World In Your Arms"
The Thrills - "One Horse Town"
Norah Jones - "I Don't Know Why" (live)
The La's - "There She Goes"
Mercury Rev - "Goddess On A Highway"
Electric Six - "Gay Bar"
P.O.D. - "Boom"
Nightmares on Wax - "Finer"
Jason Long - "Beans And Cornbread"
David Holmes -"69 Police"
Aphex Twin - "Windowlicker"
From Autumn To Ashes - "Short Stories With Tragic Endings"

*Just a side note: Ryan Adams rules. Best damn cover of that song ever.

So, I just got home a little bit ago from a "let's just meet up and wing it" night with Jen from work and Amy and Jason from college. Jen came over and we met up with Amy and Jason in the bar at the Tonic after Jen and I had gotten our night started with drinks. I was in a cosmo mood and the Tonic makes the best ones I've had in town. She and I were hungry and Amy and Jason jumped at the mention of karaoke, so we headed off to Chopsticks for singing along with bad renditions of Bon Jovi and Poison songs and Chinese food. Jen had to bail early since she works in the morning, but I was glad she came out for a bit. The highlight of the night for me, though, was when Nathan (see the last post re: Chopsticks KJ) sang "Black Betty." That song kicks ass anyway and he frickin' rocked it. Amy and I flipped through the song menu after Jen left and just when I finally decided to give Cher's "If I Could Turn Back Time" a shot, some chick went up and slaughtered it. D'oh. That'll teach me to waffle over songs for too long. We were all tired and decided that was a good time to head home. Ahhh, bed. Sleep is good.

No comments: