Monday, June 16, 2003

Sleeping ‘Til Noon Is Good

After three nights out in row, Sunday was pleasantly slow. I spent the day in pajamas, only leaving my room to do all of my laundry or visit the kitchen or the bathroom, and tried to get my cd burner to work (unsuccessfully). I’m a fairly techno-savvy chick but I’m also instructions-oriented, which means if I don’t have a manual to read and I have to wing it, I get pissy. And if I have to install and uninstall and reinstall software more than once, I get even more pissy. Which is partly why I stayed in my room. I try not to subject anyone, especially my roommate, to the "laser-beams-of-hate-shooting-out-of-my-eyes-at-who-or-whatever-happens-to-cross-my-path" version of me. It’s just not pretty. So, after all that I’m in a great mood today, work flew by, I got tons of stuff done and I’m feeling well-rested. Shauna has started the Atkins diet and I’m not sure if smelling her bacon and eggs all the time has anything to do with this, but today I had an egg and cheese biscuit from McDonald’s to start the day (that’s the breakfast of champions, by the way), a grilled chicken caesar salad for lunch and another salad for dinner with salmon, cheese, dill weed and mayo in it. That’s three meals in one day that included meat of some kind. Bizarro. But I haven’t been hungry or snacked in between meals and I’m not tired right now like I usually am at this time of the evening. So why do I feel good right now? I’m putting my money on sleeping until noon yesterday and McDonald’s.

No comments: