Sunday, June 22, 2003

Hello Glasses, Goodbye Social Life

Now that I can actually read for more than 1/2 hour without getting a headache or falling asleep, I decided it might be ok to go back to Powell's and ease my way back into the books. Oh how wrong I was. $57 and four books later, I'm sucked in again. I got a travel guide on Ireland, The Roald Dahl Omnibus, Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West by Gregory Maguire, and A Supposedly Fun Thing I'll Never Do Again: essays and arguments by David Foster Wallace (the Infinite Jest guy). That should get me through to the end of the week when I have shows to go to that will get me out of the house. Damn you, Powell's Books. I'm supposed to be saving my money for when I move later this year into a place of my own again, I think. But if people don't hear from me for a few days, someone needs to call me and make sure I get out of the house for something social other than work because I could turn back into a book addict and lose touch with reality like that *insert fingers snapping here*.

Also, since I was over there anyway, I went to Noah's and got a plain bagel with plain cream cheese. Damn those bagels are good.

No comments: